Mechanics of Materials
Combined Loads I
- Recall and apply the four fundamental stress equations (axial stress, transverse shear stress, flexural stress, and torsional shear stress).
- Recognize that like stresses may be combined (algebraically summed up).
- Explain the nature of eccentric loading and the types of stresses that result from eccentricity.
- Compute internal forces and moments at a plane in 3D space that maintain equilibrium under an eccentric axial load.
- Combine axial and flexural stresses, and illustrate the stress through a stress distribution (at a plane) and/or a stress element (at a point).
LE31 Combined Loads I.pdf
HW31 Combined Loads I.pdf