Mechanics of Materials
Beam Stresses IV
- Explain the relationship between transverse shear stress and internal shear force.
- Given the direction of an internal shear force, illustrate the direction of the shear stresses on a stress cube or a stress element.
- Explain where shear stresses are at a maximum, and where they are equal to zero.
- Given the direction of an internal shear force, determine the neutral axis (axis of bending).
- Compute transverse shear stress at any point and illustrate it on a stress cube or stress element.
- Illustrate the distribution of shear stress on a 2D transverse plane, computing and labeling key values.
- Determine (x, y, z) locations of maximum shear stress in a beam.
LE17 Beam Stresses IV.pdf
HW17 Beam Stresses IV.pdf
Once upon a time, there was a TT17-b video that had an error in it. It has been deleted forever. Goodbye TT17-b!