Mechanics of Materials
Beam Deflection II
- Understand the apply the sign convention for v(x), beam deflection; and θ(x), beam slope.
- Recognize that θ(x) equals dv/dx.
- Mathematically, and in your own words, explain the relationship between bending moment and beam curvature.
- Understand the relationship between the center of curvature, the radius of curvature, and the curvature itself.
- Memorize and apply the governing differential equation for beam deflections.
- Write the equation of the elastic curve for determinate beams using the integration method.
- Identify the number of constraint or boundary conditions equations that are required to solve for the constants of integration.
- Write out the constraint or boundary condition equations.
- Count (tally) the total number of moment equations or functions for a beam.
LE19 Beam Deflection II.pdf
HW19 Beam Deflection II.pdf