Mechanics of Materials
Indeterminate Axial I
- Explain the difference between statically determinate and statically indeterminate structures.
- State the number of deformation compatibility equations needed to solve reactions in a structure with a specified degree of indeterminacy.
- Write deformation compatibility equations for statically indeterminate axial structures.
- Solve forces, stresses, strains, translations, and deformations for a co-axial statically indeterminate structure.
- Solve forces, stresses, strains, translations, and deformations for a fixed-fixed statically indeterminate structure.
- Construct axial force diagrams for indeterminate axial structures.
LE09 Indeterminate Axial I.pdf
HW09 Indeterminate Axial I.pdf