Mechanics of Materials
Shear and Moment Diagrams II
- Construct shear and moment diagrams for cantilever beams.
- Construct shear and moment diagrams for simply-supported beams with overhangs.
- Explain the Principle of Transmissibility.
- Apply the Principle of Transmissibility to triangular loads and construct the proper curvature in the shear and moment diagrams.
- Construct shear and moment diagrams for beams supported by deformable surfaces.
- Apply shortcuts for calculating area under the curve for quadratic, cubic, and quartic functions.
LE12 Shear and Moment Diagrams II.pdf
HW12 Shear and Moment Diagrams II.pdf