Mechanics of Materials
Beam Deflection I
- Write M(x) equations for beams using the equations of equilibrium.
- Interpret the differential equation that relates the internal bending moment function, M(x), to the equation for beam deflections, v(x).
- Recognize that pins, rollers, and fixed connections constrain v=0.
- Recognize that a fixed connection constrains dv/dx = 0.
- Distinguish between capital V(x) for shear force and lowercase v(x) for vertical deflections.
- Qualitatively construct v(x), deflection of a beam.
LE18 Beam Deflection I.pdf
HW18 Beam Deflection I.pdf