Mechanics of Materials
- Identify the weak-axis and strong-axis of a cross-section and compute the weak-axis and strong-axis moment of inertia.
- Determine whether the weak-axis properties or strong-axis properties govern for a pin-pin column.
- Understand the significance of the radius of gyration and compute it (about both cross-sectional axes) for any cross-section.
- Describe the concept of “radius of gyration” in your own words.
- Compute the critical buckling load (Euler buckling load) for a pin-pin column if given radii of gyration.
LE26 Columns II.pdf
HW26 Columns II.pdf