Mechanics of Materials
Allowable Stress Design II
- Memorize and apply the equation for (direct) shear stress.
- Identify shear planes in a connection; explain the difference between single and double shear in a connector.
- Compute shear stresses in connectors, such as bolts, nails, screws, and rivets.
- Use principles of Load Path to analyze the transfer of forces between members and connections, being sure to apply Newton’s Third Law to each interface.
- Use the pythagorean theorem and fundamentals of two-force members to correctly calculate the shear force transferred over a pin connection.
LE29 Allowable Stress Design II.pdf
HW29 Allowable Stress Design II.pdf