Mechanics of Materials
Beam Deflections III
- Explain whether a portion of a beam is curved or straight by referring to the moment diagram.
- Use superposition to combine tabulated values of v and θ to solve unknown deflections and slopes for determinate beams.
- Apply small angle theory to determine deflection of a straight segment when a slope and length are known.
- Evaluate the elastic curve equation v(x) for any value of x in order to compute v.
- Use superposition to compute deflection and slope for a simply-supported beam with a loaded overhang.
- Use combinations of positive and negative distributed loads as necessary for superposition.
LE20 Beam Deflection III.pdf
HW20 Beam Deflections III.pdf
None at this time (please email me if you have a special request!)