Mechanics of Materials
Beam Stresses II
- Apply the flexural formula to compute unknowns.
- Illustrate the state of flexural stress at a point on a 2D stress element or a 3D stress cube.
- Illustrate the distribution of flexural stress on a transverse plane in 2D.
- Given a specific point in a beam, determine whether the flexural stress is zero, tensile, or compressive.
- Given any beam, determine the neutral axis (axis of bending).
- Determine the (x, y, z) location/s of maximum flexural tensile stress anywhere in a beam.
- Determine the (x, y, z) location/s of maximum flexural compressive stress anywhere in a beam.
- Determine the (x, y, z) location/s of zero flexural stress anywhere in a beam.
LE15 Beam Stresses II.pdf
HW15 Beam Stresses II.pdf