Mechanics of Materials
Allowable Stress Design I
- Explain the Allowable Stress Design (ASD) philosophy.
- Apply ASD principles to the design of members.
- Explain the concept of bearing stress and identify bearing stress by inspecting 2D drawings or 3D models of connections between members.
- Understand the nuances of plugging in force, stress, and area into bearing stress equations.
- Design (select a material or size a component) various parts of a connection so that bearing stresses remain within allowable limits.
LE28 Allowable Stress Design I.pdf
HW28 Allowable Stress Design I.pdf
none at this time: please email me if you have a request!